Things To Know About Wool Rugs In New Zealand
The comfort and beauty of wool rugs have been there for centuries. They add a warm and luxurious look to your home.
Woollen rugs are among the best choices for any home or indoor area as they are high-quality rugs compared to machine-made ones.
Wool rugs in New Zealand are highly durable and can last up to 15-20 years without causing any problems.
Hand-tufted wool carpets are made using a tufting gun to punch strands of wool into a canvas stretched on a frame.
This process is done by hand. Once it is done, then another foundation is glued to the base.
A protective cloth is added after the latex glue dries. Then, the craftsman shears the rug to remove all the loops to make a pile.
Finally, the loose strands of yarn are cut off, the hand-tufted wool floor rug is trimmed, and a fringe is added using glue or sewing.
Hand-tufted carpets can be velvet piles, twist piles, or loop piles. We have many types of wool rugs for sale in New Zealand, and hand-tufted wool rugs are one of them.
You can buy hand-tufted woollen rugs from our collection at great prices. We also offer custom-size options to our customers at affordable rates.
We always use 100% pure premium wool rugs. Some rugs are crafted using a blend of Indian and New Zealand wool.
You can choose wool carpets featuring Modern or traditional designs based on your preferences and budget.
Buy high-quality hand-tufted Rugs today at an affordable price!
Hand Tufted Wool Rugs Care
No matter what kind of rug you have bought, each requires proper care to last long. Regarding wool carpets, cleaning, and maintenance is a significant factor.
Whether your carpet has been passed on for generations or you have just bought a brand-new rug, proper care helps retain its charm for years.
Here Are Some Useful Tips On How To Take Care Of Hand Tufted Wool Rugs
• Always vacuum clean hand-tufted rugs on the low-pressure setting.
• Use a flat and even rug pad or underlay to help keep the carpet in place and save it from getting wet. The rugs get dirty quickly.
• Avoid keeping your rugs in direct sunlight, and save the color from fading away and wear and tear; rotate it weekly.
• If you or a child in your house spill any liquid on the carpet, you are advised to clean it immediately so it does not seep into the rug.
• If you spill any oily liquid, use a little alcohol to wipe it off immediately. If you don’t clean the spill immediately, it might stain the carpet.
Never leave the spill on the carpet for long, as the longer it remains there, the more difficult it will be to remove.
Follow the rule “Blot, do not rub”. Use a white paper towel or some absorbent material to cover the spill, and continue to blot the paper towel until the paper towel absorbs all the excess moisture from the spill.
• If a naughty kid at home sticks chewing gum on the rug, you should wait for it to harden or use a freezing spray to remove it.
Once you have used freezing spray, hammer the gum and remove the leftovers from the rugs.
Cleaning Of Wool Rugs
When it comes to rug care, vacuuming is essential. For cut pile rugs, a beater-type vacuum cleaner is best.
A good suction vacuum cleaner should be used for loop pile rugs to minimize sprouting and fuzzing.
If you have a silk shag-type carpet, use a suction-only type vacuum. You can vacuum your rugs twice a week.
Are Hand-tufted Rugs Durable?
Yes, they are durable and much better than machine-made carpets when it comes to durability.
If you take care of it correctly, you can keep woollen rugs for decades. But after decades, wool rugs start to shred.